Join our team at Southern Inyo Hospital in beautiful Lone Pine, California!
Be a part of TEAM HCCA at Southern Inyo Healthcare District!
HealthCare Conglomerate Associates (HCCA) is a performance driven organization dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our patients, our physicians, our teammates, and our community. HCCA's vision is to develop a high quality, affordable integrated delivery system focused on improving the wellness and health of the community. Our goal is to be recognized as the best integrated delivery system in the country by being the BEST place to work, practice and receive care.
Southern Inyo Local Healthcare District is dedicated to maintaining and improving health of residents and visitors of the District through a coordinated health program, including acute inpatient and outpatient services, skilled nursing, education, referral services, and recruitment of health care personnel, with the support of the Citizens in Support of Southern Inyo Hospital, the Inyo County Supervisors, and the voters within the Southern Inyo Healthcare District boundaries.
SIHD & HCCA are Equal Opportunity Employers!
The Clinic Family Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively with the Clinical Physician to provide a wide range of primary care services which encompasses health promotion, injury and illness prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of commonly encountered health problems and injuries, monitoring of stable chronic health problems, coordinates referral and follow-up care. Performs testing, writes prescriptions, and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment. These services are provided within a holistic, patient care-centered framework to patients of all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Determines and assesses the health status of patients by reviewing records, taking comprehensive medical histories, performing physical examinations, and recording findings.
2. Initiates, performs and directs medical assistants to perform screening and diagnostic tests that are appropriate for patient's condition.
3. Plans and oversees on-going treatment and clinical management of patients in stable phases of chronic illness, and general health maintenance of non-chronic, non acute patients.
4. Informs, counsels and instructs individuals and families on their specific health problems, test results, and general health-related matters such as nutrition, birth control, social behavior, growth and development, aging and substance abuse.
5. Consults with physicians regarding patient's conditions, diagnosis, treatment plan, medication orders and need for specialty care; keeps physician advised of patient status as necessary.
6. Prescribes medications according to proper clinical care and standards of practice.
7. Recognizes situations requiring physician care, such as acute conditions requiring immediate attention, changes in chronic conditions, indications of early stages of chronic conditions, mental and emotional disturbances, and communicable disease cases; consults with and makes appointments with physicians for patients.
8. Prepares and maintains complete and accurate charts, case files, records and other documents; reviews material prepared by other staff for completeness and accuracy.
9. Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical providers.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
11. Participates in Performance Improvement and Peer Review.
12. Maintains productivity that is satisfactory and consistent with the District goals.
13. Responsible for other related job duties as assigned by the Medical Director and/or the Administrator.
Work is performed under the general direction of the Clinical Director/Physician. This position requires consistent sound judgment and the ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision. The Nurse Practitioner will work within the context of standing orders and protocols.
License or Certification:
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
General Measurement Criteria:
Does Not Meet Expectations/standards: