Join our team at Southern Inyo Hospital in beautiful Lone Pine, California!
Be a part of TEAM HCCA at Southern Inyo Healthcare District!
HealthCare Conglomerate Associates (HCCA) is a performance driven organization dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our patients, our physicians, our teammates, and our community. HCCA's vision is to develop a high quality, affordable integrated delivery system focused on improving the wellness and health of the community. Our goal is to be recognized as the best integrated delivery system in the country by being the BEST place to work, practice and receive care.
Southern Inyo Local Healthcare District is dedicated to maintaining and improving health of residents and visitors of the District through a coordinated health program, including acute inpatient and outpatient services, skilled nursing, education, referral services, and recruitment of health care personnel, with the support of the Citizens in Support of Southern Inyo Hospital, the Inyo County Supervisors, and the voters within the Southern Inyo Healthcare District boundaries.
SIHD & HCCA are Equal Opportunity Employers!
The Charge RN functions as an integral member of the patient care team, promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families. Has accountability for patient care, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Performs all work in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identifies patient care requirements by:
• Establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Conducting initial assessment of all patients presenting to the ER.
2. Establishes a compassionate environment by:
• Providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
3. Promotes patient’s independence by:
• Establishing patient care goals.
• Teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
• Answering questions.
4. Assures quality of care by:
• Adhering to therapeutic standards.
• Measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards.
• Making or recommending necessary adjustments.
• Following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, State Nurse Practice Act, and other governing agencies regulations.
5. Resolves patient problems and needs by:
• Utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by:
• Complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Calling for assistance from healthcare support personnel.
7. Protects patients and employees by:
• Adhering to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
8. Documents patient care services by:
• Charting in patient and department records.
9. Maintains continuity among nursing teams by:
• Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
10. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by:
• Keeping information confidential and following HIPAA regulations.
11. Ensures operation of equipment by:
• Completing preventive maintenance requirements. Following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
12. Maintains nursing supplies inventory by:
• Checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintaining par levels of medications in the ER and Acute Care.
• Pulling out-dated drugs on the first of each month.
• Counting narcotics in the ER and Acute Care at the beginning and end of scheduled shifts.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by:
• Attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
14. Maintains a cooperative relationship among healthcare teams by:
• Communicating information and responding to requests.
• Building rapport with patients, physicians, families and co-workers.
15. Contributes to team effort by:
• Participating in team-building activities and applying positive problem solving techniques.
• Fulfilling standby/on-call requirements within the established response time on a rotating basis
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Director of Nursing Services
Must be within 20 minute commute from hospital during on call hours.